Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tom Kearney leaves Wrexham FC

Midfielder Tom Kearney has become the latest Wrexham player to cancel his contract by mutual consent, after reaching an agreement with the club.

The former Everton player scored on his debut back in August last year, but is another who failed to feature regularly since the appointment of Reds’ boss Dean Saunders.

Of his 15 Blue Square appearances, 11 were made before the end of last September, although he did start in the final two fixtures of last season.

Kearney joined the club from Halifax Town a year ago and looks likely to stay close to his Liverpool home by joining another BSP club in the north-west of England shortly.

However, he does have other irons in the fire: “I’ve been coaching with the Everton Academy and I’m working towards my football qualifications,” said Kearney.

“So I’ll continue with that in the short term and see what opens up for me. I do have one particular club that has offered me a deal, so now I’ll try and get that sorted out.

“I’m just sorry it didn’t work out better for me and the club, but I have enjoyed my time at Wrexham.”

Kearney joins a growing list of players to leave the club this summer with Darran Kempson, Michael Proctor, Gavin Ward, Sam Aiston, Patrick Suffo, Carl Tremarco, and Nat Brown among those to depart.

No comments: